Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still On The Road

Greetings from Newfoundland! Samantha (thanks for thinking of us, Samantha!) was checking up on us yesterday to make sure we were okay. We are. Iain and I are still in Newfoundland. It had been such a great extended family visit that DH booked Iain and I on a flight from St. John’s to Halifax for the 27th – thus extending our trip by a week to give us more time to visit with Mudder and Fadder and my siblings. DH should be back in Nova Scotia with Para as I type. I’ve heard through the weather channels that there is a LOT of rain happening in Nova Scotia. I really hope our roof isn’t leaking….

I was afraid that I would not have the opportunity to write many (any?) blog posts while I was home and that turned out to be the case. I really have not had time to give a computer more than a passing glance with all of the events of the past few weeks (reunion, anniversary party and wedding to name a few). I’m attaching a couple of beautiful photographs taken over the past three weeks to whet your appetite for when I get back, however!

I will have so much to tell you about when I get back. Pictures and information on my at-least 50% eco-friendly first birthday party for Iain; our trip home including a brief, but successful, trip to Wool-Trends here in Newfoundland; as well as a blogiversary contest coming up in early August!

I am having a wonderful time but am suffering from knitting blog reading withdrawal. It will be nice to get back home and get caught up. Until then, I am really hoping you are getting much more knitting done than I am. Iain’s chevron sweater is complete (there’s a story there…) but I am spending way too much time chasing him around to actually wind fibre around my fingers.

5 comments:

Lydee said...

oooo, lovely pictures! I can't wait to see more when you get back. and can't wait to hear the story of the chevron sweater!

Elizabeth said...

And hopefully we'll hear about some running (of the training variety, not just the toddler chasing variety...although that really should count). Glad to hear your having a great get away and can't wait to see more pictures. : )

Samantha said...

I'm glad you are doing well and having a good time! :)

Jen said...

So glad you're having fun. :)

Yarnhog said...

Definitely lovely pictures! I'm glad to hear your trip is going so well. There's nothing like a baby to make you realize how important family is. And of course, you get to show him off. :)