What I’ve been doing with my blogging time at this, the start of the silly season:
- Christmas cards (over 70) sent out – check! (This includes writing a Christmas letter, signing letters and cards, labelling all correspondence, cutting out Iain’s Christmas portraits and labelling them and stamping all the envelopes (thank God for peal-able stamps!) – Whew!
- Christmas decorating – check!
- Hosting DH’s work party (Saturday night) – check! This included making two hot appetizers, two cold appetizers and an assortment of desserts. Thank God DH cooks too…
- House cleaned before guests arrived – check! Yes, it may have been 30 seconds before they arrived as a not-so-closely-watched Iain had the broom (after an unfortunate Cheerio incident…) and was using it to dip into the dog’s water dish and mop the back porch floor with it. Naturally, all of this occurred around the wall and just out of Mommy and Daddy’s sight.
- Attending a choral Christmas concert last night – check!
- Three of six Christmas parcels sent –check! I have GOT to get the rest out today/tomorrow. Well, two of three. I’m still waiting on the artisan I ordered another present from to call to say that the gift is ready.
- I’m still feeling under the weather and Iain has been fighting a cold. And this list doesn’t include the usual drudgery of laundry, meal preparation and clean up (no small feat with a toddler), etc.
- We have two more parties to attend this coming weekend.
Is it any wonder I’m tired…?!? ;)
The pictures? Oh, well, they represent knitting content to keep you hanging until the next time I get to sit down in front of this computer...