Thursday, July 01, 2010

Bittersweet

That lovely house that we loved so well belongs to another family as of the end of today. Though I will not miss two mortgages (NOT!), I will miss, miss, miss that house. I will miss the secret room that we never had the opportunity to develop. I will miss the built in furniture (china hutch, bookshelves, a dresser, etc) and the beautiful, beautiful garden. I will miss the floors and the house’s history and the street and the neighbours and our lovely friends in Middleton.


I hope the new family enjoys this house as much as we did. I am very sorry to see it go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that the one in NS. I loved that one. Or at least the pictures of it.

Yarnhog said...

That is bittersweet. I would have a hard time saying goodbye to our house. But you have a new home now, and your old house will be a happy home for someone else, so that's not so bad, right?