Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


One of the neat things about living in the Annapolis Valley is having the opportunity to see, experience and participate in traditions that we are not familiar with.

One of those traditions are Pumpkin People (my name. I have no idea what their real title is).

I really must get some information regarding their history (I suspect it has something to do with scarecrows but I am really only guessing).

Here is a glimpse of some of the Pumpkin People we saw today on a Thanksgiving family drive.

And, the grand finale (Yep, I made DH stop and turn the car around to catch this one...)!




I hope you all had a wonderful long Thanksgiving weekend (See?!? When I can't regale you with tales of knitting, I can always overwhelm you with family tales and pictures!)!

4 comments:

Heather said...

How interesting...especially the last one.

Many hugs and condolences on the loss of you MIL. I know it is so hard, especially when you have an awesome MIL. I lost mine last year in September as well. It has been very hard, but we have gotten thru it. Many hugs my friend (((hugs)))

Yarnhog said...

Those are so cool! I have to show my husband. I just know the man who makes a barfing jack 'o lantern (its guts are spilling out the mouth--very graphic) every Halloween would love to have a mooning pumpkin person in the front yard.

froggiemeanie said...

I overwhelm with family tales and pictures all the time....it's all good.

That last one is really something!

Samantha said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :) Gotta love a good patch of Pumpkin People.