Thursday, November 06, 2008

Awarded!

It is not just every day that I receive an award. It is especially special when the person who gives you the award is someone you look up to, really, really like and who inspires you to no end with her knitting prowess. Sweet, sweet Suzanne (aka Yarnhog) has graciously given me the following award:



Squeee! Thank you SO much, Suzanne! I agree with you that hosting a blog is as much for personal satisfaction as the knowledge that somebody else out there might be reading. For me, hosting a blog also offers me A) great incentive to work on projects and B) writing practice. I love to write but, honestly, would not put the time aside if I did not have this blog. It is a thrill to know that, not only do you regularly read my blog posts, but like it enough to award me with a lovely blue ribbon! Thank you so much for passing this award torch onto me. I will ‘wear’ the ribbon with pride (and post it on my sidebar, just as soon as I figure out how…!).

The rules for award acceptance are as follows: 1. The winner can put the logo on their website/blog. 2. Add a link to the person who gave you this award. 3. Nominate at least 5 other websites/blogs. 4. Provide links of the nominated websites/blogs. 5. Leave a message at each website owner that you've nominated.

I would like to nominate the following fellow bloggers. These are folks that I visit most every day and finish their posts with a smile. Narrowing down my list to just five was really, really hard. So, I interpreted the rules as ‘at least 5’ and chose six instead. That was still hard. I would have loved to have listed everyone that I regularly read. However, that would probably be stretching the rules a wee bit too much.

I am nominating:

Renée over at Froggiemeanie – Renée is another ‘misplaced’ Newfoundland and Labradorian who is a knitter and mother to two, with another miracle due in April. Renée is the reason I started a blog of my own in the first place. Check out her calendar win over at Knitty. Renée is ‘Miss April’ and her submission is truly a gorgeous Newfoundland shot.

April over at Clandestine & Candour – I have been an avid follower of April’s knitting prowess for almost as long as I’ve been following blogs. She has decided to make some big life changes and go back to school and still manages to get knitting done. Go on over and wish her luck!

Samantha over at Wilderness Witch Knits – Another Canadian with whom I seem to have a lot in common (knitting, love of the outdoors and camping, pregnant at very much the same time…). Samantha has a very impressive ability to start and finish knitting projects. With. Three. Children. Be still my knitting heart!

Alisha over at Tales From A Self Taught Knitter – I think one of the things I really like about Alisha (apart from the fact that she is a great role model of a mother) is the amount of knitting she just randomly gives away. Like these socks? Here, take them! Like this market bag? It’s yours! Alisha is such a sweetie, I know you will love her too!

Jen over at The Life of a Busy Little Bee – I am fairly new to Jen’s blog and just love it. Jen is a busy lady with a full-time teaching position, all of the homework that goes with being a teacher and running training on the side. Naturally, she is a fantastic knitter too.

Elizabeth over at Home-Spin – Elizabeth’s blog is another fairly new one for me and is another one that I just love. Elizabeth is another mother who (gasp!) manages to stick to One. Knitting. Project. At. A. Time. I look to her for leadership and monogamous role modelling regularly.

Thanks again, Suzanne! Have fun passing on the torch, Ladies!

6 comments:

froggiemeanie said...

Cool! Thanks!

(I saw the calendar in print today for the first time. It was neat!)

JustApril said...

AW! Cool =) Thanks bunches! (and let me know if you need help with the side bar thing)

Alisha said...

You my dear, made me smile today. Thank you. I will be sure to blog about it in my next post!

Elizabeth said...

Aw shucks - thanks Patty! And congratulations on your ribbon. Can't wait to see it hanging on your sidebar.

Yarnhog said...

You're welcome! I'm looking forward to visiting the blogs you named.

Jen Taylor said...

Thank you so much, Patty! I'm thrilled to be in such great company as the other bloggers you nominated.