Monday, November 24, 2008

The Big Snow

Hi there! I’ve got something to show you. It snowed here. All. Weekend. Seriously, the snow did not let up at all. It was great! Here are some shots to help you capture exactly how much fell this weekend (the most in any one fall since we’ve moved to Nova Scotia).

I took this picture on Saturday morning. The snow started sometime after midnight, Saturday AM. We already had about three inches down from the fall earlier last week:


The snow shovelling team (our nice neighbour still plows for us. Thank. God.):



A close up of the short members of the team. The wee balaclava hat is one Mudder knit for Iain recently. He looks adorable in it!

This one was taken later Saturday evening:


And this one is from this morning, when things were still nice and crisp (and, yes, it was still snowing) and before things started to melt.

We’re supposed to get rain tomorrow. !!Sob!!

Sorry, I can’t write more. Very. Busy. I’m knitting….

8 comments:

froggiemeanie said...

Wowzers! That's a lotta snow. My kids would have love it. They were so disappointed the other day when they walked in the newly fallen snow and could see the grass underneath.

Yarnhog said...

That is so beautiful! Wish I were there...

Jen Taylor said...

You're *knitting*? Woah! Congrats!

That snow is crazy. I wonder if it's on its way to Maine. I hope not. I'd not like to travel in that.

Elizabeth said...

Knitting - YEAH! (Way more enjoyable than shovelling). Happy to hear that the needles are going to be seeing some action again.

Lydee said...

beautiful pics!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful! Love the snow....we are unseasonally warm here right now and I'm actually wishing for the cold :)

Alisha said...

And I was depressed with the tiny sprinkling we got the other day LOL


pssst....you can keep that if you'd like ;)

JustApril said...

BIG snow indeeeeed! =) I wish we would get real snow at least once a year. OH well - Iain looks entirely TOO cute in his Winter getup - nice hat!