Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Shine of Rainbows

On Friday evening, I was in a foul mood. Iain has a cold and he had been extremely whiney which puts me in a bad mood in about 30 seconds. Luckily, he was easy to put to bed last week despite DH being away. Aidan, on the other hand, was more of a challenge. After a week of experimenting, it turns out that it does not pay to let him have two naps in one day unless you want him up until at least 10:00 PM.

I do not agree with eleven month olds being up much past 8:00 PM and feel that any later than that is an infringement of my infant rule book. It is a little different if they are sick but Aidan was not. Nope, not even a bit. He just wanted to party!

I was trying to walk him to sleep (no small feat with a 24 lb sack of pushing, pinching, punching potatoes!) when I noticed these outside our front window.


My foul mood disappeared and Aidan and I raced outside for some pictures.


Aidan then got put back inside because he kept grabbing at the camera. It is very hard to take good pictures when your baby is grabbing at your camera.




He was sure to keep Mommy in his sights at all times though.


Hard to stay mad at that face.


See? 9:00 PM by that time and he was still thrilled to be up and playing and enjoying some solo Mommy time. Rainbow approved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with any child, regardless of age, being up past 7:15!! That's when I punch out and I DO NOT want any overtime hours.

Your pictures are great. I will show Clarabel when she gets home from school.

Yarnhog said...

Eight o'clock was zero hour at our house until my oldest was in middle school. I also had to do away with daytime naps for my younger son to get him to bed by then. I felt really bad about spending the afternoon waking him up for the first couple of weeks, but I got over it when he went to sleep at 8:00 without a fuss.

froggiemeanie said...

I'm with you on bedtime. I like them tucked away by 7:30.

Those were awesome rainbows. The best rainbows I've ever seen have been in Newfoundland. You are making me homesick.